Monday, November 23, 2009

Giving Thanks, Cooking and Healing

As 2009 comes to a close I don't think there are too many people that are going to miss everything that went on. It seems like every time I turned around this year something else was going wrong. despite all of that I still have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for the opportunity to have studied Chiropractic and to have opened my office Hahn Family Chiropractic (www.hahnfamilychiropractic.com) and for my wonderful loving wife supporting me through it all. I'm thankful for the many patients that I've treated and for their willingness to follow my advice and share their experiences with their friends. And I'm thankful for my family whom I am going to be seeing this week for the first time since last Christmas. I'm very exited. But first I want to talk about a chiropractic principle involved with healing, That principle is Time. All processes take time, and healing is no exception. Here's an example that you will be able to relate to this Thursday. if I were to hand you a turkey, potatoes, breadcrumbs, rosemary, salt, pepper, yams, green beans, onions, and all the other assorted foods that you associate with your thanksgiving festivities, you would have them all sitting in your possession, but you wouldn't have a feast at your feet. There are a few things missing. One is knowledge on how to make the feast, Second is a cooking source but we won't go into that here, The last thing is Time. Cooking food takes time. it's a process. A turkey stuffed and basted sitting cold on your stovetop is not edible. it takes time in the oven to taste good, and even if you gave it one hour in the oven it still wouldn't taste good. it takes time. and that's the important principle from chiropractic I want to share today. Your bodies healing process takes time too. it doesn't happen after one adjustment and overnight. it takes time for your body to properly heal the tendons and ligaments and everything else that needs to be repaired in order to have perfect health. So don't lose hope for wellness and health. Give your body the care it needs and then give it the time it needs to heal.. We are all in a hurry, but the best things in life are worth the wait.

Chiropracticly yours

Dr. Eric

Call the office today to make an appointment
919-872-8070

No comments:

Post a Comment